If you’re in business, you need good letterhead stationery to help your branding and business look polished. Letterhead stationery can give your business a professional edge and make it easier for potential customers and partners to connect with you.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the benefits of letterhead stationery and tell you everything you need to know about choosing the right type of paper and font for your letters. We’ll also share 5 tips for creating great-looking letterhead yourself. So whether you’re just starting your own business or have been using old-fashioned paper envelopes, let us show you how to make the most of letterhead stationery!
What is letterhead stationery?
Letterhead stationery is a set of materials used to print business cards, letters, and other formal documents.
Letterhead stationery can be customized to match the style and color of your business.
Letterhead stationery can help to promote your brand and make you look more professional.
Several types of letterhead paper include card stock, heavy-weight paper, coated papers, recycled papers (including 100% post-consumer fiber), matte finish papers (for low-light environments), photo prints on demand, or digital prints on demand. Letterhead printers come with different capabilities, like die cutting (cutting out individual parts such as addresses from a pre-printed sheet) or embossing text onto the front or back of the document.
Choosing a printer with the right specs for your particular needs is important for your printing jobs to run smoothly.
Benefits of using letterhead stationery
Letterhead stationery is a visual representation of your business brand. It can help you create consistency in how you present yourself to the world and show customers and clients that you are serious about what you do. Here are five benefits of using letterhead stationery:
- Letterhead stationery can be used to show your professionalism and credibility as a business owner or an agent. Consistent branding across all communication channels helps build trust between your clients and prospective buyers.
- Letterhead paper also can project an image of success, stability, and permanence. This will reassure potential investors or partners that your company is stable, well-funded, and likely to last for some time.
- Using high-quality letterhead paper allows customers/clients/prospects to easily recognize who they’re talking with, regardless of where they are in the world. Additionally, branded stationery sends a positive message about your company, which could attract new clients or boost sales from current ones.
- A fancy letterhead set looks professional on any desk – at home or work – elevating whatever space it occupies while providing instant inspiration for writing great content! And finally…5
Which type of paper should you use for your letterhead stationery?
A variety of papers can be used for letterhead stationery, but you should choose one that is durable and easy to write on. You should also choose a paper that will look good and stand out.
When choosing the right paper for your business, it’s important to consider the following factors:
Durability: The stationery should last long and resist wear and tear.
Write Comfort: The paper must be comfortable to write on so your staff won’t experience fatigue after writing often.
Appearance: The type of paper you use should look great and not fade or wrinkle easily.
Which type of font should you use for your letterhead stationery?
When it comes to the type of font you should use for your letterhead stationery, there are many options you can choose from. However, before choosing a font, ensure it is easy to read and legible. Additionally, fonts should be trendy and stylish to look good on any paper or online platform. Finally, fonts should be eye-catching so your business will stand out from the competition.
Many different fonts are available these days; however, some common choices include Arial Black or Helvetica Neue. The best way to decide which type of font to use for your letterhead stationery is by trying them out and seeing what looks best on each piece of paper or website.
Once you have determined a favorite font, please keep track of its current trends by reading popular style guides like CSS Tricks. Finally, if you want help making your typography more noticeable, consider hiring an experienced graphic designer.
Tips for using letterhead stationery
- Use letterhead stationery to help create a professional look for your business. It can set the tone and focus of your communications, helping you stand out from other businesses. Choose fonts that are legible and easy to read, and use header sizes that will fit on all standard printer paper formats.
- Keep everything neatly organized by filing away your letterhead in folders or trays, so it’s always at the ready when you need it.
- Make sure your logo is prominently displayed on all stationery materials. Including a logo on every stationery shows respect for customers and reassures them that they’re dealing with an authorized business entity.
- Include contact information at the bottom or side of each sheet so people know where to reach you if they have any questions or concerns about what you have to say.
- Finally, ensure everyone in your company knows how important good letterhead stationery is – train them properly before leaving them alone with pens and highlighters!
How to make a stationery letterhead in Word
It is important to have a good letterhead for your business. This document can help you promote your company and make it more visible. Use the right font for your business, which will be different depending on what you sell or offer. Your letterhead also needs to be stylish and eye-catching so that people will want a closer look.
To create a stationery letterhead in Word:
- Open the Microsoft word program and select File > New > Letter from the menu bar.
- In the new window, enter information about your letter, such as name, address, phone number, etc., then click OK to create the document.
- Select Page Layout from the Insert tab of Microsoft word’s ribbon and choose Letter Headings from its drop-down list.
- Under the type A heading text box (the first text box), type in “Name of Company” using whichever font you would like for this heading; we used Arial Italic throughout our examples because it goes well with most fonts but feel free to experiment with different fonts until you find one that looks great on your letterheads!
- Now under the Type B heading text box (the second text box), type in whatever title or phrase you would like for this section of your letterhead, such as “About Us” or “Services We Offer”; again, we used Arial Italic here because it was complimentary with our Name of Company font choice above! Finally, fill out any other required.
Thanks for reading! In this blog, we discussed the different types of letterhead stationery that businesses can use and the benefits they offer. We also recommended a specific type of paper and font and five tips for ensuring your letterhead looks professional. Finally, we showcased how to create a custom letterhead in Word using these ingredients. Whether you’re just starting or looking to up your game, our tips will help you get there.